





Our family has joined The Performing Arts Academy of Central Illinois. Duncan is taking acting and musical theater, Nitely is taking Gymnastics, Tap, Ballet, and Acting. Lyric is taking Gymnastics. I'm taking Ballet and Glee. It has turned out to be very busy, but also very, very fun! The kids are enjoying themselves immensely and I am too. I always take my hula-hoop to get in some hooping time while the kids are in classes. I'm fairly sure my kids are naturals at this.
And then...you put your whole soul into something...like writhing on some black ill-lit stage somewhere...and it's all so desperate, so hopeful, and so humiliating. There has to be humiliation there...like you've turned yourself inside out; and you stand there or lie there or move frantically around while the inside of yourself prances and howls and screams and cries tears no one was ever meant to see or hear or know.
In my mind, I have complete faith in the abilities of my children. Though challenges are present, they will prevail. They are beautifully intelligent kids, they've got great brains! Nitely could very easily be a dancer. She's absolutely a natural. Duncan could go on to become a famous comedian or an amazing theater actor. I'm so happy to have the opportunity to enrich their lives in this way. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment